Genevieve specialises in:
- Muscle release for tight muscles
- Tension build up
- Joint mobilisation
- Postural correction (office workers)
- Sports specific injuries
- Pre & Post event (athletes)
- Passive & PNF stretching
- Rehabilitation and exercise prescription
Genevieve specialises in the following treatment techniques:
– Soft Tissue Release (STR)
Soft Tissue Release (STR) is an advanced manual technique widely used in assessing and stretching soft tissues; muscles, fascia, tendons and ligaments.
– Myofascial release techniques
The myofascial release approach is a form of soft tissue therapy used to treat somatic dysfunction and resulting pain and restriction of movement.
– Muscle Energy Techniques (METs)
Muscle Energy Technique (MET) is a manual therapy that uses the gentle muscle contractions of the client to relax and lengthen muscles and normalize joint motion. Post Isometric Relaxation (PIR) – Muscle to relax after an isometric contraction (Basis of MET).
– Neuromuscular techniques (NMTs)
Also referred to as trigger pointing; a method in which the practitioner uses her fingers to feel tissue abnormalities and gently manipulates the areas to restore normal function.